Friday, May 4, 2012

30 Day Challenge #4: Favorite Place

I haven't drawn much environments so this came out a little rougher than I intended... but I learned a lot!  I started out straight to colors but my values were too close together, so I redid everything in grayscale to figure out the contrast, then went back to color by playing with opacity.  Definitely still very rough, but I can walk away with some content since I found out more how to approach stuff like for this next time.

UPDATE 5/5:  Bleh... woke up this morning and looked at this again.  Even though I feel like there's some harmony, values are still really close together and had a hard time telling what was going on...

Downtown Chicago during the holidays always gives me those Christmas fuzzies

No comments:

Post a Comment