Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Late Night Drawing

Been practicing some various stuff tonight.  Learned how to blend Copic markers and do more light source rendering with them, then trying to do some gestures via Pixel Lovely.  I'm trying to draw with force and rhythm but I keep getting held back since I'm having difficulty putting down confident strokes while keeping proportion.

I'm also trying to keep story in mind while doing these, but my mind keeps either drawing blanks or giving me ideas that are sort of bland...  Maybe it's just a matter of not being picky about those ideas and they eventually get better the more you creatively think.  Overall, I bet it's also a matter of balancing intense observation and concentration while maintaining looseness


Some of the better gestures of the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment