Friday, January 6, 2012

Back to Basics: Render Practice

Been listening to a lot of Bobby Chiu podcasts lately.  He's like this insanely motivating pep-talker/psychologist for drawing and I can't get enough of his wisdom.  Anywho, I've been practicing my rendering - trying to understand shape and form with values along with light sources/reactions.  I'm giving myself the extra challenge to do this in photoshop since I've never felt like I've accomplished rendering representationally with the program.  I'll be posting my progress throughout the day.
Sphere exercise



Rendering other shapes... specifically without a marquee
Bawcks
Applying those spherical studies to a drawing that required a bit more creativity.  I love those creepy wtf-moments of shows like Adventure Time and Invader Zim, so thought I'd give the influence a whirl.



No comments:

Post a Comment