Monday, July 18, 2011

The Road to Ringling

For the past two years, I had been studying animation at Columbia College Chicago.  I've given it all that I got, but now that I'm about to head into my junior year, this seems like my last best chance to try to tranfer to my dream school - Ringling College of Art & Design.  They don't accept transfer credits and I won't even know if I'd be accepted until February of next year.  If this is my plan, then I'd just be burning money to continue at Columbia College... just a year to portfolio build and fend off loans.  It won't be an easy journey, but my heart's been set at studying there for 3 years and counting.  I think I finally might have what it takes to get in, but of course I need to get my ass in gear and just keep drawing.  Below is my portfolio in progress, and I'll need to have a final set by the holidays.  Not all of them are winners obviously... for now they'll just be used as benchmarks for my current skill.




1-minute Drawings

Gesture Drawings

More Gesture Drawings


No comments:

Post a Comment