Sunday, December 18, 2011

Problem Solving

Did some quick anatomy studies with the tablet (finally replaced that pen!) in order to isolate some of the bumps I run into during figure drawing.  I started out by sketching the skeleton, which came with a bit of ease since it's been one of my main focuses and I emphasize it as the basis for movement during gesture drawings.

Then I discovered my big problem in the next step: draping muscles over the skeleton.  It came out really awkward and with a lot less fluidity than the skeleton.  Even though I was using reference, it showed that I'm still a big stranger to how muscles weave around the body and hook up to the bones themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment