Saturday, August 4, 2012

Staging & Mood Observation: Kick-Ass

There's a really awesome post on staging and how it affects mood and drama that's been sticking with me every time I've watched movies since.  In a nutshell, it talks about how flat staging is often used for humor while, by contrast, dynamic staging is used for more emotional and dramatic scenes.  I applied this earlier today when I re-watched one of my favorite movies, "Kick-Ass," by screen capping a few compositions that I think really reflected those moods due those techniques.

Flat Staging - humorous moments









Dynamic/Emotional Staging - these ones were a bit tougher for me to spot since I was trying to find unique, interesting, dynamic compositions that were rooted in the more emotional/dramatic parts in regards to the characters and what they're feeling, versus the pure action bits.  Not a problem with the movie itself, but I think I just spotted something else for me to improve on.



No comments:

Post a Comment