Friday, February 3, 2012

Daft Doodles

Been practicing basic shapes (spheres, cylinders, cubes), arcs/proportion, perspective, and values this whole week and it's been working wonders.  I feel like I'm able to express myself tenfold....  I spent the majority of the afternoon doodling random combinations based off these principles.  I haven't drawn anything in detail, but heres a very storyboard-ish sketch I did while listening to the ol Tron Legacy soundtrack.

I'm so excited to continue exploring these methods.  I feel like such a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders - I'm not sure if it looks like it, but I'm doing a whole lot less guessing with my line work and it's been incredibly liberating so I can just focus more on loosening up and just having fun with it. And this is still just the beginning (dun dun dunn).

No comments:

Post a Comment